The best hormone cream for each individual varies depending on what hormonal imbalances they have. For women, progesterone and estrogen are the most commonly prescribed hormone creams. At a compounding pharmacy these can be combined together into one cream along with testosterone and DHEA. For men, a testosterone cream can be made in multiple strengths. A cream is the most frequently prescribed delivery method for hormone replacement because it is effective, safe, and easy-to-use.
Dispensers for Hormone Cream
Dispensers for hormone replacement creams provide accurate dosing consistently. Some of the options for hormone cream dispensers include:
- Topi-Click: The Topi-Click provides consistently accurate dosing of hormone creams. Because of the domed applicator top, the cream does not have to be dispensed onto the hands.
- 1 click = 0.25mL / 2 clicks = 0.5mL / 4 clicks = 1mL
- HR Ticker: The HR ticker dispenses cream similar to the Topi-Click but in smaller dosages. The 0.05mL increments allow for more precise administration of lower doses of hormones.
- 1 click = 0.05mL / 2 clicks = 0.1mL
- Pump Dispenser: A pump is another way to provide accurate dosing for topical application of hormones. Like the Topi-Click and the HR ticker, a pump delivers a consistent dose and minimizes waste.
- 1 pump = 0.5mL / 2 pumps = 1mL
- Topical HRT Syringe: A hormone cream can be supplied in a syringe with measurement lines for dosing. Different sized syringes are available based on the dosage required.
- 1mL, 3mL, 5mL, and 10mL syringes
Types of Hormone Cream
Estrogen cream: A combination of estriol and estradiol is often combined in an 80:20 ratio. Estrogen cream is an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms, especially vasomotor symptoms. It is also useful for reducing the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease that come from declining hormone levels.
Progesterone cream: Progesterone has a significant role in pregnancy and a woman’s menstrual cycle. It is a precursor hormone to estrogen and other hormones. While it is often prescribed as part of hormone replacement therapy to protect the uterus and prevent estrogen dominance, it also has many therapeutic benefits on its own. These include improving mood symptoms like depression and anxiety, improving sleep quality, reducing water weight, and improving cardiac health.
Estriol cream: Estriol is the estrogen type found at the highest levels before menopause. It is sometimes considered the “weaker” estrogen but can be an effective part of HRT, especially when applied topically to treat vaginal symptoms of menopause.
Testosterone cream: While testosterone is often associated with male health, it is found in both men and women and contributes to libido, energy, bone health, and muscle strength.
DHEA cream: A steroid hormone made by the adrenal glands, DHEA is a precursor to other hormones. It is associated with energy, mood, memory, and the immune system.
Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEA cream: All of these essential hormones can be combined into one cream at our compounding pharmacy. There is no commercially available product with this combination. Multiple strengths of each hormone can be made allowing for full customization of hormone replacement therapy to make the best hormone cream for each individual.