Have a Question? Call Us: (855) 876-3060
This product requires a prescription. There is no compounding without a prescription for "office use" per FDA regulations.
Lidocaine 20%, Tetracaine 4%, Phenylephrine 2%
aka TAC 20 Gel, TAC 20 Alternative Gel, TAC 20 Alternate Gel
Compound topical anesthetics are used for a variety of procedures including:
- Scaling and root planing
- Soft tissue and palatal procedures
- Pre-injection numbing
- Placement of orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
- Taking impressions and intra-oral radiographs
Often used before laser procedures, gingivoplasty and implant exposures, TAC 20 gel is a combination of two anesthetic ingredients and a vasoconstrictor. It is often used as an alternative to local anesthetic injectable solutions.
This topical is available in five different flavors in an extra-thick gel and is packaged in plastic squeeze bottles (oral syringe and adapter included).
This topical is also available in a thick plasticized ointment base. This ointment can be applied with a Q-Tip or micro-brush to the dried mucosal surface prior to the procedure. It’s a good choice for pre-injection numbing.
TAC 20 gel alternate contains:
- The effectiveness of Oraqix versus TAC(a) for placement of orthodontic temporary anchorage devices. – The Angle Orthodontist
- From the study: “The results from this study indicate that based on the dosage, onset time, the patients’ responses to WBS and VAS, as well as the PI’s observation of their SEM movement that TAC(a) is a more effective topical anesthetic during the placement of TADs than Oraqix.”
Download Prescription Forms
Click on the link to view prescription forms. If you have not accessed the page before, please call us at (855) 876-3060 for a password and further instructions.